16 April 2008

Join the gang - Podcasts and audio

I didn't realise there were so many podcasts available. Educational, informative, fun, songs, video and radio programmes. I've discovered an interview I missed whilst I was at work on my local radio station. I was able to download the podcast and will now be able to listen to it!

A lot of material is being archived which is good as much of it is transient in nature. It's great for timeshifting programmes too.

A number of libraries are making use of podcasts and content is varied as you'd expect from libraries. I particularly liked the he way some libraries podcast their author talks and storytimes. I can see no reason why we couldn't podcast our forthcoming author talk. We could test-drive our new video camera. We could also podcast our storytime and lap-sit sessions so children who can't make it to the library due to poor weather or illness are still able to see the stories being told, or join in with the songs from home.

No comments: