16 April 2008

She's got medals - Mashups

I'm already familiar with musical mashups as they've been around for some time now. David Bowie's 2004 single release "Rebel never gets old" was a mashup of two of his older singles, "Never get old" & "Rebel rebel".

I've now discovered there's a whole lot more to mashups.

Our library could use Google maps along with Streetview (when the local one is launched) to show our branches on our catalogue to make it easier for the public to find us.

Here's a mashup of my photo added to a calendar:



The library could also use mashups involving the catalogue so our members could use search results and data in their own applications at home.

1 comment:

this green elizabeth silver jellybean mug said...

Forgot to mention my photo's already been Simpsonised then Warholised before going on my calendar!