17 April 2008

Maid of Bond Street - Online applications and tools

I'm actually very excited about my discoveries this week. I love Slideshare. I've wanted to create presentations for years, but don't have access to the software needed. But now I have and I can share my presentations with everyone.

I have used Google documents before at home for tables of council development applications for our precinct meetings. I refuse to use Microsoft Word and excel and only use Lotus at home and work so there are lots of compatability issues as the Microsoft products won't open anything created using Lotus.

Google docs gets around this. I don't have to worry about compatability anymore!

It is very easy to create a document, edit it and share it.

At work we could use this to get documents from the draft stage to the finnished product a lot quicker. And the person who created the document wouldn't have to do all the work themselves. The only thing I'm worried about is the legality of using this for council business as we are no longer in control of backing up our work.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like a really great week.

Ellen